SC - Timeline of Food

Christine A Seelye-King mermayde at juno.com
Tue Jun 30 13:57:21 PDT 1998

> >Did they include a source bibliography in the book?
> >
> >Bear
>
> Nope, no bibliography.  The introduction lists the numerous historians
> that worked on it, including who took over when so-and-so died, etc.  It
> gives me the impression that a bibliography would be as thick as the book
> itself.  (The index is 82 pages long!)

Ah well, I'd love to have a bibliography like that along with source
location notes, but I doubt it would be a big seller.  I didn't expect one,
but I thought I would ask.

>  There is another book, called (I think) "A
> Timeline of Food" that was available at the Poison Pen Press booth at
> Pennsic last year.
>
> 	Christianna

I haven't seen that title.  The most recent food timeline I know of is
Trager's The Food Chronology, which is very impressive, but has a number of
errors and is not fully cross referenced.  It too does not have a
bibliography (not that I expect one on any timeline).

As a point of interest, does your timeline have a reference to Kiva Han.
According some (questionable) sources, Kiva Han was the first coffee house
in Constantinople (about 1475).  I'm trying to determine if the statement is
true.

Bear