SC - Camp Splitting

Micaylah dy018 at freenet.carleton.ca
Tue Jun 30 14:15:19 PDT 1998

     Greetings, good gentles

     I asked this question a few days ago, but I think it got overlooked
     due to the discussions on creativity and such. Since it was posted in
     the digest but I got no responses, I figured I'd ask once more just in
     case it was overlooked.

     Anyway, my question to you learned gentles is this: in the book Dining
     With William Shakespeare, how accurate is the text regarding
     Elizabethan-era cooking and eating practices? I'm not concerned about
     the redactions themselves, since I have reprints of the Markham, May,
     and the other period sources named in the book.  I'd just like to know
     whether the analysis of the food customs is reliable.

     Thanks muchly, Katja