SC - Ireland-OT-OOP

Danny Burnell maciomhair at hotmail.com
Sat Jun 13 21:09:52 PDT 1998

If you check a little deeper you will find that the work in the clans
was broke down just like the big cities did it.

From: LrdRas at aol.com
Date: Sat, 13 Jun 1998 22:01:46 EDT
To: sca-cooks at Ansteorra.ORG
Subject: SC - Ireland-OT-OOP
Sender: owner-sca-cooks at Ansteorra.ORG

In a message dated 6/13/98 6:07:11 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
ddfr at best.com
writes:

<< And which country and time period was this?  According to my
research,
 >in early Ireland, there were not baker's guilds, which would be a
 >function of a large city.  Until the Vikings came, there were not
 >cities, just clan holdings.  I don't think that this was as universal
 >as it seems at first. >>

Technically, the culture of Ireland was not feudal inn the way that the
mainland or even England was feudal. Comparisons with it's culture and
mainland European culture is for the most part an exercise in futility.
There
is a very good program about Ireland on the History Channel now called
"A
Short History of Ireland" which gives a very good basic understanding
about
Ireland and it's people. It was an eye opener for me.

Ras
SCA-Cooks".