SC - OT Creativity Changes

kathe1 at juno.com kathe1 at juno.com
Mon Jun 29 06:35:59 PDT 1998

On Mon, 29 Jun 1998 09:46:00 +0200 (MET DST) Par Leijonhufvud
<parlei at algonet.se> writes:

>But when the loud "Friday night drunks in tattered tabards" singing
>"99
>bottles of beer on the wall" interfere with my possiblility to enjoy a
>"medieval" atmosphere, aren't they forcing their opinion on me? Should
>respond by being totally in persona and throw a spear into their
>midst?

That gets my vote! :-) Reminds me of an event last summer where a group
of partiers decided to set off fireworks at 2AM in a campsite that hadn't
seen any rain in weeks. They did it right next to the campsite of the
group with the most Royal Round Ranked Archers in the East Kingdom. We
all had bows right beside our beds. (Grin)

I don't care what people eat in their own encampments, if they refuse to
eat my more period offerings, if they don't know diddley squat about
Medieval History or if they get falling down drunk at every event, as
long as I don't have to put up with it. I've about given up on trying to
change some of  them.  I'll feel sorry for them that they're missing out
on what the SCA is all about, but I'll shake my head silently and ignore
them if they'll let me.  If the partiers would just understand this, I
think they'd find a lot more tolerance.

Just my $.02. American. Don't know what the exchange rate is.

>Par Leijonhufvud                           parlei(at)algonet.se
>http://www.algonet.se/~parlei
>"Stop! Think! There must be a harder way to do this"

Julleran