SC - Apple Butter Question

upsxdls at okway.okstate.edu upsxdls at okway.okstate.edu
Mon Jun 15 11:03:24 PDT 1998

     Micayla,  I deem apple butter "done" when a spoon drawn through the sauce
     leaves a trench.  It is thinner than jam, but thicker than honey.  I
     haven't tried cooking it in the slow-cooker, even though the canning books
     say it's OK.

     Leanna McLaren of Sparrowhaven
     "His eye is on the sparrow"

Greetings the list,
I have a couple of questions on Apple Butter and hopefully someone can help me.