SC - The Making of Verjuice

LrdRas LrdRas at aol.com
Fri Mar 6 15:58:27 PST 1998

<<
 Well, I thought I had a foolproof source for my edible rose petals... until I
found out a few minutes ago that the rains wiped it out.  Good old El Nino
strikes again...  <sigh>

 Does anyone, anywhere, know of a place that sells organic roses, and will
ship out to California?  I only need enough for one dish; but I can't seem to
find them anywhere.  To make this REALLY fun, I need them a week from today...

    Ouch! Hummmm, can you use dried petals, or is this for a salad, etc.,
where they need to be fresh? Dried ones shouldn't be too hard to find--I know
Frontier Herbs carries dried roses, and would not be surprised if they are
organic. They web address is:  http://www.frontierherb.com/homepage.html
    They *do* sell bulk herbs only, but you might be able to find a health
food store that carries their stuff and would let you buy only what you want
of the one lb minimum order.........
     Maybe a web search would turn up and organic florist for fresh
petals........ ;-)

         Ldy Diana