[Fwd: SC - Re: pasties]

david friedman ddfr at best.com
Fri Mar 6 15:32:15 PST 1998

In a message dated 3/6/98 12:20:18 AM Eastern Standard Time, ladymari at gila.net
writes:

<< So you mean it's just SOUR GRAPES?? >>

Basically, yes. :-) But crabapples were also used (which , IMHO, yields a far
tastier product.) Also, keep in mind that the sour grapes were also fermented
for a couple of days. Since the sugar content is very low , it doesn't take
much time to complete the process. Surprisingly, the use of verjuice in
assorted receipts calling for it's inclusion is so good that I use it
regularly in mundane (e.g. modern) cookery right along with my cubebs. :-)

Ras