SC - Fw: ANST - Chocolate Documentation!

Yeldham, Caroline S csy20688 at GlaxoWellcome.co.uk
Mon Mar 9 09:04:16 PST 1998

- ---Louise Sugar <dragonfyr at tycho.com> wrote:
> here is something rather interesting

Thankee, Dragonfyr.

My apologies to SCA-COOKS for also forwarding (hadn't seen that my
post had been picked up by someone else already).

I found the site in question via a link from Gregory Blount's
pages...

<SNIP>
> >Also includes a range of recipes for the form of drinkable hot
> >chocolate that includes hot red chili pepper):

Correction! Correction! Chocolatl was heated only by the spices,
according to several sources.

I've already written a response to an Ansteorran that will be sent
to both lists, with expanded time-line, additional information, and
such. However, that was composed upon my AOL account and won't be
uploaded until this evening.

In the meantime, has anyone got comments upon a source printed in
1920, by A.W.Knapp, titled (approx.) _Chocolate and Cocoa_? I've
seen only the reference in Brittanica [1960 ed] that refers to a
multi-page bibliography available in this book so far, would like to
avoid repeating over-trod ground if I can...

===
Adios -- Amra / Pax ... Kihe / TTFN -- Mike
(al-Sayyid) Amr ibn Majid al-Bakri al-Amra  /
Kihe Blackeagle (the Dreamsinger Bard) /
Mike C. Baker: My opinions are my own -- no one else would want them!
Homepage: http://www.geocities.com/Area51/8661
Alt. e-mail: KiheBard at aol.com, MikeCBaker at aol.com