SC - Enough already

Michael F. Gunter mfgunter at fnc.fujitsu.com
Fri Mar 20 06:22:18 PST 1998

<< > I don't know if you are aware of it, folks, but Black Plague, or Bubonic
 > plague, is considered endemic in the Western US. Many people there when
 > tested show positive for the antibodies, and there are about 6-15 actually
 > documented cases per year. It's been on the uprise a bit too, mostly
 > believed to be because of homeless people living outdoors.
 >

 > phlip at morganco.net

 You also have been having bumper crops of indigenous rodents, which are the
 vector.  The endemic plague in the U.S. is a non-pnuemonic form which
 entered the country from Asia in the first part of this century.  It spread
 from the rat population to other flea carrying rodents and has been slowly
 working its way east.  A few years ago we had a case out in the Oklahoma
 Panhandle and nothing since.

You know, I'd love to see someone who actually had it encounter one of those
anti-authenticity people who always insist on saying, "If you want to be
authentic, you'll have to catch the Black Plague..." - just to see the look on
the person's face when he gets the answer "I have had it, thankyouverymuch!"

Brangwayna