SC - Tiramisu

Woeller D angeliq1 at erols.com
Tue Mar 24 06:09:32 PST 1998

<< The Szekely are  recognized (by the Magyar) as a branch of the Magyar,
sharing a similar  language and customs.  Szekelyfold was one of the three
administrative areas of Transylvania, the others being Szaszfold (Saxon) and
the Seven Counties
 (being Wallachian and Szekely). >>

Bits of further information on this.  Whether the Szekely are actually related
to the Magyar is a matter of conjecture.  They settled in the region shortly
after the arrival of the Magyars in 895. I'm not sure what is meant by three
administrative areas of Transylvania, but I do know that the three recognized
ethnic groups of Transylvania were the Saxon (German), Magyar(Hungarian) and
Szekely in the Unio trium nation (Union of the three nations) in 1437.

Noemi
who can supply lots of other trivial info on this subject privately