SC - Raviolis, tortellini and fritters

david friedman ddfr at best.com
Tue Mar 24 18:19:55 PST 1998

Nicolette Dufay wrote:

>I was just reminded, a friend of mine has a cookbook in German called
>(from memory and loosely translated) the "German Cookbook of the Middle
>Ages". I have, with my very limited high school german, translated and
>cooked an entire feast from this book. Has anyone heard of this book?

Is this the title of a primary source or a collection of medieval recipes?
I couldn't find anything by that name (either in English or in German) in
Thomas Gloning's bibliography of German culinary history sources.

>Would anyone like to review my translations and redaction? I am very
>busy at the moment getting ready for Rowany Festival, but after Easter,
>I could get the book and scan it in, if there was interest and you could
>receive the format.

I am most definitely interested. There are so few resources on German
cooking and cookbooks that I would be thrilled to find a new one.

Valoise Adalhaid von Metz