SC - Musk LifeSavers

Alderton, Philippa phlip at morganco.net
Wed Mar 25 18:01:59 PST 1998

Vegemite is only ever spread very thinly on bread.  Cruel Australians have
been known to tell o/s visitors that you use it like chocolate spread, but
that
just isn't so.

Vegimite crusts (spread on to a bread crust with butter) vegemite sandwiches
and vegemite and cheese sandwiches are probably the most usual use,
oh and on toast for breakfast.

My best-beloved constantly horrifies me by dunking his vegemite toast
in sweet hot milky coffee.... an abomination in the eyes of the universe!

Kiriel

From: DianaFiona at aol.com

     It is pretty salty alright! But it's a condiment, after all--comercial
mustard is pretty heavily salted as well. I seemed to end up using it mostly
as a thin spread between cheese and crackers, which I've also done with
mustard. How do others, especially Aussies, where it's more common, use it?

      Ldy Diana