SC - Question concerning meat

rudin@okway.okstate.edu rudin at okway.okstate.edu
Thu Mar 26 08:56:39 PST 1998

On Thu, 26 Mar 1998, Seton1355 wrote:

> Does anyone know what the Jews did regarding the eating of meat of the Sabbath
> in view of these restrictions?
> Thanks,  Phillipa Seton

There was no significant Jewish community in England then.  The Jews were
banished from England by one of the Richards, I think, and not invited
back until... Cromwell?  There were a few who sneaked in before that --
ISTR that Elizabeth I had a physician who was a Spaniard of Jewish birth.

In Service,
Brighid ni Chiarain

Harper *** Robin Carroll-Mann
harper at idt dot net