SC - Re: long repetitious postings

geneviamoas@juno.com geneviamoas at juno.com
Fri Mar 27 14:52:07 PST 1998

At 10:02 AM -0400 3/27/98, Cindy Renfrow wrote:

>Hello!  Here is Vehling's translation for comparison:
>
>"Dulcia Domestica Et Melcae
>
>Home-made Sweets  Dulcia Domestica
>#294  Little home confections (which are called dulciaria) are made thus:
>little palms or (as they are ordinarily called) dates are stuffed - after
>the seeds have been removed - with a nut or with the nuts and ground
>pepper, sprinked with salt on the outside and are candied in honey and
>served."

Flowers and Rosenbaum give the original Latin as well, and I think it is
pretty clear that they are following it and Vehling (as usual) is not. For
example, the construction for the alternative stuffings is "vel ..vel ..."
(or ...  or) which doesn't seem consistent with "nuts and ground pepper."

David/Cariadoc
http://www.best.com/~ddfr/