SC - Re: SC- Food for Camping

rudin@okway.okstate.edu rudin at okway.okstate.edu
Mon Mar 30 08:02:14 PST 1998

> A label is good, but as for all the other documentation, be careful not
> to over do it!  Somone will say the above described isn't much
> documentation. From a newbie's perspective, it's a daunting thought that
> one must research a dish and type up a page on it as well as shopping and
> cooking.  Are you discouraging rank beginners by giving the impression
> that just bringing something they think is period but they don't know for
> sure, isn't good enough?

You can never be too rich, too thin, or bring too much documentation.
Bringing documentation doesn't have to discourage anyone. Having a bad
attitude about documentation (pro or con) or displaying poor social
skills is what discourages folks.

Personally, I encourage new cooks by giving them good, documentable
recipes, and telling them where they can easily find more.

- -- Gregory Blount