SC - re: OP - candied nuts - CORRECTION

Mark.S Harris rsve60 at email.sps.mot.com
Mon Mar 30 07:05:07 PST 1998

Aislinn said:
Wow.....     quite a discussion!   I have to add, it's been odd to
watch; I grew up in Geneva, Switzerland, where a "marmite" is the
traditional, three-legged cast-iron cooking pot, traditionally
reproduced in chocolate, filled with marzipan vegetables and
British-style "crackers" that the youngest child in the family breaks
on the anniversary of L'Escalade.....
- --------

I know this is modern, but can you give us more details on these
marzipan vegetables? Do these look like the real thing or just
cariactures? Are they often homemade or are they usually bought
at the store?

I’ve been wanting to make some illusion foods for several years
out of sugar paste. Items that look like walnuts or almonds but
made of sugar paste but with a surprise inside. Perhaps
strawberries or grapes.

What is this * anniversary of L'Escalade*?

Thanks.
  Stefan li Rous
  stefan at texas.net