SC - Beer yeast for bread

Charles McCathieNevile charlesn at sunrise.srl.rmit.edu.au
Mon Mar 30 16:38:55 PST 1998

Re: Marmite and Vegemite differences

Marmite is more runny than vegemite. I find the taste similar, but my
personal opinion is that marmite tastes a little more bitter and salty
(though it probably has no more salt than vegie).
Vegemite eaters in Australia tend to get a tad parochial about their
favourite spread. I  think it's similar to the Coke/Pepsi arguments.

Another interesting piece of trivia: apparently the person who first
invented Vegemite wanted to call it "Pa will" (as opposed to "Ma might").
Don't know if this is just an urban myth, but it's interesting nevertheless.

Now sing along children...
(We're happy little vegemites...)

Glenda.
Glenda Robinson