SC - Clean-up

Michael F. Gunter mfgunter at fnc.fujitsu.com
Wed Mar 18 07:50:32 PST 1998

> So, if your question means do I, personally, have to clean up the
> mess left after the actual service of the feast , then the answer is no, I do
> not. Where does the clean-up crew come from? I can't honestly say that I know.
> Usually the last feast course goes out and I get the opportunity to finally
> sit down for a moment. Before I can yawn a cold bottle of whatever is thrust
> into my hand and I'm bustled out of the kitchen to the sound of mop buckets
> clanging and dishwasher doors slamming. I would suspect that the Hall Steward
> had taken care of assembling a crew to clean the hall.

I do hope you appreciate what you have. That has never happened to me. I have
usually spent the time cooking and then cleaning the hall until the wee hours
of the morning. It's just pretty much become a fact of life around our shire.
It didn't happen last 12th Night for a couple of reasons. The first is that I
was told by my assistants that I WOULD NOT clean the kitchen so I was made to
leave, also a certain knight owed me a favor and I called it. He sent a
particularly lovely squire out to gather up the rest of the Chivalry in attendance
and they cleaned for me. I still felt guilty as hell for being so lazy. :-{)}

> Many shires find a need to pre-cook much of their feast in advance due to lack
> of manpower or inadiquate kitchen facilities.

I usually pre-cook nearly all of my feast. I think it also makes for easier
kitchen clean-up.

> Ras

Yers,

Gunthar