SC - Specialty meats (was re: white shield feast)

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Sun Mar 22 22:42:38 PST 1998

Kat said:

>I get comments like that all the time.  Witnessing how fast my geese and my
>salmon disappeared, however; I think I'm going to start getting a little
>braver.  Maybe next time I'll do goat... :-)

I don’t remember goat being mentioned very much before here. I assume
goat was a medieval food. Was it not common in some areas?

Does anyone have any good medieval recipes for goat? Considering that
we do have some tex-mex resturants that do serve cabrito, I can probably
find goat meat here in central Texas.

Stefan li Rous
stefan at texas.net