SC - Gulf Wars & a question

LrdRas LrdRas at aol.com
Mon Mar 9 15:01:13 PST 1998

In a message dated 3/9/98 11:52:50 AM Eastern Standard Time,
mfgunter at fnc.fujitsu.com writes:

<< I've been reading the Roman recipe website and wondered if liquamen could
 be substituted with nuoc muam sauce?  I know we've discussed stuff like this
 before.

 Yers,

 Gunthar >>

I always sub Thai fish sauce or a similar Far Eastern fish sauce for
"liquamen". I do not know how close actual manufacturing methods are to the
Roman stuff but, IMHO, such a substitution is far more justified than water or
broth. :-)

Ras