SC - MAY TOURNEY CANCELLATION

John and Barbara Enloe jbenloe at mindspring.com
Fri May 1 13:09:13 PDT 1998

The only thing that really pops into my mind- when did garlic get into
common use in the British Isles? I seem to think that onions were used more
often, being local and traditional with game birds...and the use of garlic
wasn't prevalent in W.W.II[my dad is here and he spent several months there
before the war, and again afterwards-the wonders of a military career. I
just asked him and he really doesn't remember garlic, but lots of onions,
parsley, marjoram, thyme, horseradish and pepper.]
margali