SC - Re: Pennsic People

Christine A Seelye-King mermayde at juno.com
Sat May 2 11:02:52 PDT 1998

At 9:00 AM -0400 5/2/98, marilyn traber wrote:
>Well, why the mod subs for period non-cooler foods? To be frank, many
>medieval foods are not to the taste of quite a lot of people.

As are many modern foods. But there are lots and lots of medieval foods out
there, including many that are to the taste of quite a lot of people. Small
children, for example, seem to quite consistently like my medieval
gingerbred. And there are quite a lot of things that are both medieval and
modern.

>I don't know why I thing pickled watermelon rind is not period, hell, I
>don;t even remember if watermelons are old or new world.

Old world--which is why I asked.

David/Cariadoc
http://www.best.com/~ddfr/