SC - Quince

LYN M PARKINSON allilyn at juno.com
Sun May 3 15:50:44 PDT 1998

Allison said:

>Great idea, Genevia!  And we probably don't even have to wait for the
>University to get started.  I'll bet Stefan would make space in the
>Florilegium, wouldn't you, Stefan?  Design a card form for us, and we can
>each fill in and send them to you.  Leave lots of space for owners, there
>will be duplicates.  Maybe a section for Notes?

This idea does have it's merits. I think I would be willing to add a
message to the appropriate file describing this library source if
available elsewhere one the web or possibly accept a text file from
the maintainer periodically for inclusion in the files. I don't have
time to try to keep such a database up to date with changing email
and postal addresses.

Please be aware that the Florilegium is open-access to SCA folks not
on this list as well as the general public. I've heard a number of
complaints from people on this list about not having a particular
cookbook because it wandered off. But perhaps the use of photocopies
would minimize this.

Master Cariadoc's efforts to make period cookbooks easily available
at a good price is another way to handle this when the copyrights
allow. I also have several files of bibliographies of cookbooks in
my files to help folks choose new cookbooks. Currently the cookbook
merchants are scattered among various files, but I may create a
file just listing merchants handling period cookbooks.

Stefan li Rous
stefan at texas.net