SC - Piperfarces - a query

Stephen Bloch sbloch at adl15.adelphi.edu
Thu May 7 19:24:11 PDT 1998

Rakhel Petrovna

> I have been asked by a friend to ask the combined intellects of this group
> (including any who are hiding behind rocks :-) if they know of a period
> recipe for cheesecake.

There's one in the Anglo-Norman cookbook called "Tardpoleyn", which my
wife redacted as a cheesecake with lots of minced dried fruits mixed in.
My grandparents, who know nothing about medieval cookery, loved it.
Unfortunately, the redaction was lost in a move three years ago and we
haven't gotten around to trying it again.

					mar-Joshua ibn-Eleazar ha-Shalib
                                                 Stephen Bloch
                                           sbloch at panther.adelphi.edu
					 http://www.adelphi.edu/~sbloch/