SC - Re: Peach Mead...

LrdRas LrdRas at aol.com
Fri May 8 18:27:59 PDT 1998

I am violently allergic to shellfish, almonds, most nuts, raw cherries, and
nitrites.......( resulting in anaphylaxis)
I have never bothered the kitchener with silly requests to accommodate me. I
eat what is available to me and avoid that which would kill me. I am also a
cook.......My menus tend to avoid these things, but I have on occasion brought
in a second cook to prepare the dishes I can not ( I can't even touch
shellfish or breathe in its cooking odors).
I think that with the overabundance of the selections often given us at an
event, we should not haggle over a few choices in the menu. If I go out to a
restaurant, I would get less for the money I spend at feasts. Therefore, I
would never ask for something to be made special for me. I only wish that
others would feel the same.

Andrea MacIntire, Ostgardr