SC - Alcohol intolerance

Erin Kenny Erin.Kenny at sofkin.ca
Mon May 11 07:20:28 PDT 1998

Rurik wrote:

> sca-cooks at Ansteorra.ORG wrote:
>
> > Am looking for some good mead recipes, anybody got any????
> >
> >                            Faith, Folk, and Heritage
> >                                   Raven Beaty
>
> I'm not sure if you are looking for strictly "mead" or if a Methylglyn is acceptable. If so, then I
> have a recipe that has stood the test of time, complete with instructions. I mean no disrespect or
> offense to anyone who checks this out, but I made these instructions for someone who has never tried
> to make it before. This article was written for an annual demo we hold here in The Barony of An
> Crosaire, Trimaris where I do a mead making demo for the mundane populace. I will state that it is
> written using OOP techniques but that it is fool proof. If you're interested, point your browser to:
>
> http://commnections.com/rurik/mead.htm
>
> Hope this helps,
>
> Rurik Petrovitch Stoianov, OL
> Barony of An Crosaire, Trimaris

Master Rurik:

I went to your web site and found the recipe for Methylglyn to be
extremely clear and readable.  However, the website seems to have been
altered as when I bring it up, step 2 stops in mid-sentence.  On my
browser all I can see for step 2 is:

"Measure out your water and place it in the kettle, allowing at least 4
inches of room (make allowances for your honey quantity) to the top of
your kettle. If your kettle can not accommodate this, using only one
gallon of water, get a bigger pot. Naturally, the larger your pot - the
bigger the batch. (Be sure to have an appropriate carboy capacity).
After filling with water, make a note of where the water level is. Bring
th "

The recipe sounds delicious, but I would not want to make a critical
mistake.  Could you advise the missing parts of step 2?

Gwilim de Glamorgan
Unser Hafen, Outlands