SC - Cookery in Caid

jeffrey stewart heilveil heilveil at students.uiuc.edu
Mon May 11 16:43:18 PDT 1998

Renata wrote:
>And I must admit I have not attended as many feasts as I would have liked. I
>am in a household of notorious picky-eaters, whose palates I am trying to
>educate. Does anyone out there have any good recipes for tourney food which
>can be made in advance, tastes good cold and is not bread-and-cheese?

Without supplying reams of recipies, useful categories to check in your pile
of cookbooks are:
Pies - make small closed ones - many taste great cold
Tarts - sweet and savory
Pickled vegetables
Cold meats (with a variety of sauces on the side for those willing to try)
Meatball/rissole - the middle eastern recipies are particularly good
Salats (pack the dressing separately)
Fruits
Cakes and Biscuits (um... that's cookies for US types)

Hope this helps
Rowan
Robyn Probert
Customer Service Manager		Phone +61 2 9239 4999
Services Development Manager		Fax   +61 2 9221 8671
Lawpoint Pty Limited			Sydney NSW  Australia