SC - Allergies - how many...

geneviamoas@juno.com geneviamoas at juno.com
Tue May 12 18:52:18 PDT 1998

On Tue, 12 May 1998 10:19:07 +0100, Yeldham, Caroline S wrote:

>	Not that I'm an expert on allergies, but surely the one thing it is
>unlikely to be is alcohol.  Alcohol is volatile at quite low temperatures,
>so the alcohol evaporates from any stew at cooking temperatures

<big snip>

Does anyone here know just how fast the alcohol evaporates out of wine?
I've been told both the above (that it evaporates rapidly), and also that
this is a myth and that a substantial amount of alcohol remains in the food
for some time.  Does anyone have a definitive answer?

Certainly my experiences with mulled wine indicate that even after heating
it to boiling point, wine still has a fair kick to it... :)

- -Korny
- --
Kornelis Sietsma   http://zikzak.net/~korny  icq: 2039172
  e-mail: korny at zikzak.net  or  korny at a2.com.au