SC - Parsley root

DianaFiona DianaFiona at aol.com
Tue May 12 20:42:36 PDT 1998

My Lady,
	There was recently just such a contest held in the Middle
Kingdom, and they called it a Seige Cookery Contest.  You had a limited
supply of goods left, and the other side was coming in to negotiate.  It
was your job to take the odd bits of your stores that was left and make a
 meal that would fool the others into thinking you had plenty, and could
wait them out.  I saved the entry list of foods, and the winner's dishes,
I believe, I will have to look them up.
	In professional food show circles, this is called a Box Test.
Each entrant is given the same box of ingredients, given 1/2 hour to draw
up a menu, and 3 hours to cook.  Having entered the static display kind
of food show as well as this kind, I think it is a much better test of a
chef's abilities.  A static display that you have different amounts of
time, resources, and personell to work on them gives widely varying
results.
	They are also much more fun to compete in.

Mistress Christianna MacGrain, OP, Meridies