SC - Food Tithe Stone Soup Feast

Bonne oftraquair at hotmail.com
Wed May 13 21:13:54 PDT 1998

On Wed, 13 May 1998 22:06:56 EDT, LrdRas wrote:

>In a message dated 5/13/98 2:20:11 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
>guytalbot at hotmail.com writes:
>
><< A couple of years ago on the Rialto there was a discussion on how to
> cook peacock,I was wondering if anyone knew of a company who supplied
> the bird.
> Thank you
> Guy Talbot >>
>
>Not to burst your bubble but peacock is usually very tough and not at all
>particullarly tasty......

I've seen a discussion somewhere of the period practice of skinning a
peacock, cooking the bird for a long time, and then putting the bird back
in the skin for serving.  Due to the toughness of the bird, at least one
cook cooked a goose instead, and served the goose body inside the peacock
skin :)

(I don't have my books with me, so the exact details escape me)

- -Korny
- --
Kornelis Sietsma   http://zikzak.net/~korny  icq: 2039172
  e-mail: korny at zikzak.net  or  korny at a2.com.au