SC - Parsley root

Bonne oftraquair at hotmail.com
Wed May 13 21:30:22 PDT 1998

LrdRas wrote:

> In a message dated 5/13/98 2:20:11 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
> guytalbot at hotmail.com writes:
>
> << A couple of years ago on the Rialto there was a discussion on how
>  cook peacock,I was wondering if anyone knew of a company who supplied
>
>  the bird.
>  Thank you
>  Guy Talbot >>
>
> Not to burst your bubble but peacock is usually very tough and not at
> all
> particullarly tasty......
>
> Ras

Hold the phone! :-)
We have done two peacocks. It can be done to be tender and very tasty.
The best of the two was soaking it overnight in milk (it was skinned).
and then they
slow roasted it just like a turkey with very little for spices ( I think
a bit of salt & pepper).
The first one we did on a rotisserie and it needed to be cut apart and
finished on the grill,
even though this abuse it was not tough, just a bit on the dry side.
What the bird was fed, and how old it is has a lot to do with the end
result.

Morganna