SC - Parsley root

Kallyr Kallyr at aol.com
Thu May 14 21:51:41 PDT 1998

A few years ago at Pennsic, we used these portable cardboard box ovens,
and they were great!  They were made of standard filing boxes, lined with
foil, and had wires poked through the sides to create a rack.  The lid
had a hole cut in the top with heavy celophane across it, for a window,
and we used an aluminum disposable square pan (like a brownie pan)for the
coals underneath.  I baked peach cobbler in them for our Known world
party, and they came out just great.  I was very impressed.  We even used
a couple of changes of coals, and used them for several hours for
subsequent pans.  No charring or even browning of the box.
Mistress Christianna MacGrain, OP, Meridies