SC - chivalry (really this time)

Michael F. Gunter mfgunter at fnc.fujitsu.com
Mon May 18 12:32:09 PDT 1998

Well, after looking around I found no evidence in my part of the world for a
chef being knighted, but I did find out that in 1414, Ferenc Eresztvenyi,
court chef of King Sigismund, was awarded a patent of nobility by his
employer.  His arms are quite interesting, the arms themselves being a
sturgeon over a fire, a chefs hat instead of helm, complete with mantling, and
a creast featuring a boats head caught between two trees. (You'll have to
forgive any mistakes in terminology.  I'm rather heraldically impaired and
faced with trying to describe a pretty remarkable set of arms.)

noemi