SC - Re: sca-cooks V1 #730

Robert C. Lightfoot celtcat at almatel.net
Mon May 18 22:17:42 PDT 1998

> I recall reading somewhere that Taillevent is supposed to have said (not
> in le Viandier!) that a cook who cannot raise a sword in defense of his
> king is a cook not worth his salt. And Taillevent was knighted fairly
> late in life; his tomb effigy boasts some spiff 15th-century armor.
>
> Adamantius

I'm getting all kinds of ideas here....

Having a list for the next day after one of my feasts. Melees where I defend
my dishes by right of arms against those who had complaints about my seasonings
or if they don't like lamb...

Making a hunt with fighters dressed as animals and then making a feast with
whatever the "hunters" bring home...

I'm beginning to see all sorts of possibilities for mixing fighting and feasts.

I have been called out of the kitchen upon occassion, usually loudly proclaiming
that I can't be bothered, I'm cooking. Maybe sometime I'll walk out in full
armor and wearing a chef's hat.

Hmmm...

Sir Gunthar Jonsson                      "It is better to lose well than
Kingdom of Ansteorra                               to win badly."

              ()
              ()

Head Cook...Death from within.