OT: SC - Haggis??

Par Leijonhufvud parlei at algonet.se
Thu May 28 10:12:26 PDT 1998

                      RE>>SC - Haggis??                            5/28/98

>These are wonderful recipes. But......
<snip>
>organ meats like the liver, kidneys, etc...
>Then ground and mixed with pepper, saffron, breadcrumbs, egg >yolks, and
cream or milk. Boiled in the stomach.
>To tell you the truth, it sounds kinda tasty.
<snip>

Haggis recipes have always looked like meatloaf/sausage in a casing to me...
goes along with the meatloaf thread and I agree, looks kinda tastey...
<snip>
>> Harleian MS. 279 - Leche Vyaundez
>> xl.  Puddyng of purpaysse.  Take [th]e Blode of hym, & [th]e <snip>Is this
the mammal? Although it seems good I won't >knowlingly eat mammilian dolphin
or porpous.<snip>
>Gunthar

I have always been under the (and no I have no ready sources) impression that
mammalian dolphins and porpoises were acceptable "Lenten" meat, as they fell
into the "fish" catagory, and were enjoyed because the meat was not fish
like... not that I would voluntarily eat one either, same intelligence
reasoning.
- -brid