OT: SC - Haggis??

geneviamoas@juno.com geneviamoas at juno.com
Fri May 29 19:29:29 PDT 1998

Mistress Christianna said...
<snip>
Imagine our surprise when we go to Pennsic, and find that all of
>the alcohol is regulated by the state, and only available in State Run
>Stores!  Except beer, which is sold only by the case, and only in Beer
>Stores.  That seems rather strange to us.  Here in Georgia,  Beer and
>Wine are sold in grocery stores (not on Sundays), and Package or Liquor
>stores sell everything alcoholic, including the sodas and mixers,
>neer-beer, and salty snacks!  They are also closed on Sundays.  The only
>place you can buy alcohol on a Sunday is if you go into a restaurant
>after noon, and sit down to a meal.  Then, the bar is open.  (That is in
>Atlanta,
>there are some counties in rural GA that have the strange Brown-Bag
>rules, where they sell mixers, etc.)

WOW are your laws different than ours. All our alcohol is regulated by
province as well and they are VERY different from province to province. We
cannot get "offsales" here in Ontario but can in Alberta and B.C. We do not
have "Depanners" here (variety/grocery store that sells liquour and beer)
but they do in Quebec. Thank God I live on the border. It used to come in
handy when company showed up on Sunday. Now our liquour and beer stores are
open on Sunday. As for the alcohol law regarding restaurants...they tried
that here for a few years but it didn't fly. Fortunately our government
listens somewhat to the Consumer. Now bars are open on Sunday...no problem.
As well the powers that be just extended bar closing hours to 3am here.

And then you said...
 "But, do we really have to have alcohol to have a good time?".

No, you're right...we don't.

Micaylah