SC - Slightly new subject

LMWalters at aol.com LMWalters at aol.com
Fri May 29 19:43:51 PDT 1998

I'm new to the SCA-cooks group.  (Hi from Texas)
I'm a former SCA member (gasp!) who still has an interest in period
cooking,and I'm trying to research for stories.  Would like some help.  Is
there a good reference work for judging cheeses, making cheeses, etc. that is
period for around 1650?  I found a reference online, but the text is in
French.  I'm limited to English I'm afraid. <g>

And one more thing--I know it's not completely period, but are there any
"period" chocolate recipes?  This is desperation here, a chocoholic who needs
help.  (It's just not the same hiding a Milky Way bar.  It kills the
atmosphere.)