SC - need info on common medieval herbs

Christine A Seelye-King mermayde at juno.com
Fri May 1 09:46:24 PDT 1998

The book "Herbs for the Mediaeval Household" by Margaret B. Freeman
published by the Metropolitan Museum of Art covers some very well known
medieval herbs, and has them sectioned off into Herbs for Cooking, Herbs
for Healing, Herbs for Poisoning Pests, and Sweet Smelling Herbs.  It is
also laid out with period woodcuts of all of the plants (and of gardens,
preparations, etc.) and I take it with me to demos just because it is a
pretty book on the topic.
	Good Luck,
	Mistress Christianna MacGrain,OP, Meridies