SC - Re: SC Online University/Library Request for comments

LYN M PARKINSON allilyn at juno.com
Sun May 3 17:36:58 PDT 1998

Louis,

I just tried putting your cardform into a file, adding my own
bibliography, and gradually cutting and pasting the info into your form.
It's workable, but a lot of time.  Tells me what else I need to know
about each book, tho!  I think that Duke Sir Cariadoc should do the
official form for his works, Cindy her 3, and perhaps Susan Evans would
do the same for her reprints.  Then, you could just use those over and
over as they appear in individual libraries, or the notation also: a,b,
etc.

Not sure what you mean by #2--comment?  Is that like the answers to
Ruath's request 'what shall I teach'  or more in the nature of 'took M.
Kateryn's class on ...and it was...'

Do we need you to do the articles or does that duplicate Stefan's
Florilegium?  ex. Aoife's wonderful article/class on cheesemaking.
Perfect for what you suggest for articles, but already in the
Florilegium.  ditto, The Good Food Feast.  Maybe just cross-references
here?

While some recipes appear in Stefan's files, they are broken up in
categories that also contain comments, etc.  I think there is also room
for an on-line cookbook as you suggest.  Won't it be great to see a copy
of a period recipe, and under it half a dozen different redactions by
different cooks?  Speaking of that:  do we want both a general cookbook,
with a 'fish' listing, and also a copy of Epulario, as written, with all
the redactions under his period recipe?

>3) a "Course Catalog" of Courses/Classes available (cross indexed
by>subject etc.)>  Yes.  Also, whether the teacher would allow someone
else in another part of the country/world to teach it.  Sure, I'd rather
go to Lochac for Rowany and teach my sauce class, myself,--ditto Nordmark
and Madrone-- but it doesn't look financially likely.

>Pictures should be either gif or jpg.<  >If you have pictures scan them
(I could scan them for you - that
>involves real mail) and save as JPG or GIF as appropriate.<<

So, if I use Paintshop Pro to scan a pic, how do I send that to you?  I
don't have a web page.  Hope people send you lots of *gorgeous* soteltie
pics for us to look at.

This is good, valuable stuff, but we don't want to burn out either you or
Stefan--or you'll stop, and we'll HAVE TO DO IT OURSELVES!

Regards,

Allison
allilyn at juno.com
Master Chirurgeon, Companion des Lindquistrings, Princess' Order of
Courtesy