SC - List Non-Topic Item

Nick Sasso grizly at mindspring.com
Wed May 6 14:52:47 PDT 1998

M'lady,

Best idea I can offer is to use a fermentation lock on whatever container you
can find.  A gallon glass jug with a drilled rubber stopper and a fermentation
lock might meet your needs.

The problem seems to be  that fermentation/decomposition gases are blowing the
lid....the lock is s-shaped like the drain in your sink or toilet (sorry) with
liquid in the bottom crook.  It lets gases out without letting them back in.
Same can be done by putting nylon tubbing into a hole in the lid and the other
end into a jug of water......same principle.  Stoppers and lock (tripple ripple
bubbler) can be found at local brew supply store.  If none nearby, email me
privately, as I do some mail order sales of brewing supplies.

fra niccolo diofrancesco
Knaves of Grain