SC - Rennet

Micaylah dy018 at freenet.carleton.ca
Thu Nov 5 13:42:45 PST 1998

I think the difference in words that has been noted here is due to the fact
that were are looking at two different versions of the French language.  In my
linguistics class many moons ago our professor pointed out that the French
spoken in Canada has a lot of borrowed English words, while the French spoken
in France has, due to a number of factors, avoided adopting foreign terms and
phrases unless it is absolutely necessary.

Noemi