SC - hemp seeds?

Philippa Alderton phlip at bright.net
Fri Nov 13 05:18:27 PST 1998

     Allison, my diffuser (aka "Flame Tamer") is flat, about 12" in
     diameter and has a wood handle on one side. Imagine a metal "lollipop"
     with a wood handle.  The round part resembles two pie tins
     face-to-face with slits cut out at intervals.  I purchased mine at a
     kitchen shop, but have recently seen them at Walmart.  I use mine
     during cook-down processes, cooking stew, for example.  It keeps hot
     spots from forming where the flame nears the pot.  Husband thought it
     was stupid until he found out he can cook his chili or ham & beans to
     a mush without scorching and without as much stirring.

     Leanna of Sparrowhaven