SC - Viking Sweets, my creative adventure

Michael F. Gunter mfgunter at fnc.fujitsu.com
Fri Nov 13 07:28:04 PST 1998

Christianna said....

>This brings me back to an issue I have visited before because of this
>very phenomena.  How does one do a feast for prices we set in the 70's or
>80's (5 - 6 dollars a head - does that sound about average for everybody?
>  - and .50 - 1.00 for breakfasts?)  with market costs fluctuating so
>high?   Get ready for a whole new wave of it, don't look for the cost of
>bananas and coffee to get much cheaper for a year at least. (Not period
>food examples, admittedly, but staples, nonetheless.) Honduras et al will
>probably be re-building for quite some time in the wake of Mitch.
>	I don't really want to re-start the whole "cost of playing in the
>SCA" debate, I will always think it is the cheapest, best way to spend my
>time,  but we do have to look at rising costs.  What to do with the food?

I too don't want to to feed the "cost of playing in the SCA" debate and
like Christianna, feel that  I get the most bang for my buck in the sca. I
find this hobby relatively cheap and we're talking $10-12 a feast in this
Kingdom. My time is very valuable to me and I certainly don't mind spending
it in an enjoyable way, no matter what the cost....my time is worth it.

As fort he higher cost of food, this is not really an issue here in Cda as
we always pay top dollar for food. I highly doubt (I hope) we will see a
significant (read: large) increase in food in the next year but we may pay
more for Mitch flattened countries exports.

Micaylah
- -who is off to Hamilton (6 hours away) again for the second time in three
weeks-