SC: travellers food was... Re: SC - Stuff inside bread (was: Bread Soup B...

david friedman ddfr at best.com
Fri Nov 13 23:59:17 PST 1998

In a message dated 11/13/98 10:32:28 PM US Mountain Standard Time,
mermayde at juno.com writes:

> And, if
>  there is nothing at Sunday morning breakfast that isn't a leftover, no
>  matter how good the leftovers are, this too will be met with unhappy
>  campers.

Baron's War, last year: Friday I cooked a very non-period seafood gumbo for
the household, it was eaten with gusto by one and all, but there was a couple
of quarts left over.  Saturday noon we had a tossed salad with homemade
dressing.  About half that was left over.  Saturday night we had grilled lamb,
some of that was left over.  Sunday morn after cooking breakfast there was a
little polish sausage left.  We decided to break camp early, so I had about a
quart of cooked chicken and another quart of chicken stock.  As we were
packing, I poured all the leftovers in the pot in which I cooked the gumbo in
preparation for disposing of it.  All together about a gallon and a half of
leftover food.  One of the young men in a household of very young people
happened by, and asked me what on earth I was doing.  I told him I was
disposing of "Musgoes."  He protested, and asked if he could have the stuff to
feed his Household, as they had run out of food, and needed the money they had
left for the trip home.  I gave it to them.  Now I am being begged by every
young person in that camp to make "Musgo Gumbo" again this year.

Mordonna DuBois
Cook
Haven of Warriors
Barony of Atenveldt