SC - A proliferation of venison

Philippa Alderton phlip at bright.net
Wed Nov 18 17:28:40 PST 1998

Ras says:

BTW, in PA , you are allowed to keep venison that you kill with your car.
 :-)

You are in Ohio, as well ;-) We got a BIG doe, about 150 lbs. dressed out,
with my 45 lb longbow, using my aluminum "practice" arrows which we fitted
with screw-in broad heads, borrowed for the purpose. Lots less torn up meat
that way. We have the entire head, and I have stashed the liver and heart
{kidneys were messed up, teaching the guy to field dress properly, lungs
nailed by the arrow), and will butcher either Friday or Saturday, after it
has hung for a few days. Should be pretty good- she died quickly, and we
were field dressing her within 1/2 hour after death (we had to haul her out
of a ravine) under my supervision. Will be having venison jerky available
to friends in the next week or two. Meantime, gun season is 11/30, and
we're allowed 2 deer per person- only limitation is no more than one
antlered per person- anyone coming to visit?

Phlip
Caer Frig
Barony of the Middle Marches
Middle Kingdom