SC - Long pepper substitute

david friedman ddfr at best.com
Sat Nov 21 20:33:31 PST 1998

Bear,
>I would point out that there is nothing illegal about prescribing marijuana.
>Marijuana is a controlled substance and it is unlawful to possess, buy, sell
>or otherwise transfer marijuana without the appropriate tax stamps.  The
>prescription is not illegal, untaxed physical possession and transfer is.

Is there not a dfference in the u.s.  between possession and trafficing?

>In 1972, I met Lance Christy, a researcher who possessed a marijuana tax
>stamp.  He was allowed to possess and dispense marijuana inside the confines
>of his facility (an old house) in Berkeley.  The Feds delivered a pound of
>marijuana to his door every month.  To get a legal buzz in Berkeley, you
>became one of his subjects.

I guess there are ways around every law if necessary.

>The political climate makes it difficult to possess marijuana under
>prescription.  It's long history as an easily obtained, naturally occurring
>recreational drug makes it difficult for moral zealots to see any medicinal
>value, unlike a number of cocaine and opiate derivatives and synthetics
>which can be found in registered hospitals and pharmacies.

Are you talking about pharmaceutical thc or pot here?

> Life is much easier if all use is illegal.

Is this your opinion or the genreal "establisment" one? If so, it can be
argued quite effectively against. Marijuana should be legalized for most
reasons you have just cited, but again perhaps this topic is not
appropriate for this venue?

Micaylah
- -who would not dream of purposely offending the conservative element on
this List-