SC - Steam in the Bread Oven

Jgoldsp@aol.com Jgoldsp at aol.com
Fri Nov 27 02:58:17 PST 1998

This message was posted on the SCA-Arts list, but I thought some of you here
might find this of interest/use.

Stefan li Rous
stefan at texas.net

- ------
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 1998 19:15:19 -0800
From: Edwin Hewitt <brogoose at pe.net>
To: "sca-arts at raven.cc.ukans.edu" <sca-arts at raven.cc.ukans.edu>
Subject: Re: Pickled fish

Melanie Wilson wrote:
> This variation is similar to Gravlaks ie buried or grave salmon. there is a
> record of its use in a ms of 1348, and is probably older still....

I found a nice little site that can suppy you with all the pickled and dried
fish your little viking might want from Norsland Lefse:
http://mydestiny.com/norsland/ordering.html

Samples:
Microwaveable Lutefisk
   For our lost Viking friends. We've secured a supply of the
   highest quality boneless, vacuum packed lutefisk. 1 3/4# Fillet  $10.95

   Microwaveable Lutefisk Dinner
   completely cooked lukefisk, peas,
   homestyle mashed potatoes. Single
   serving ready in 8-10 minutes                  $4.95

   Olsen Herring
   You'll have the finest pickled herring with Olsen's. In fine
   wine sauce.