SC - Re: Freezing Bread Dough

Wed Nov 11 05:25:30 PST 1998

> I read Bear's directions to go straight from freezer to pre-heated
> oven without letting any condensation form.

I need to go back and look at my posts, that instruction was meant to be
part of re-heating previous baked bread.  You need to keep condensation down
on frozen dough, but it does need time to rise.

> OH boy, I thought, I've
> blown that batch!  Fortunately, it expanded to fill its plastic bag so
> thoroughly that there may not have been room for condensation to form.

You have reproduced a trick I learned during my stint as a photographer.
When you need to bring your camera into a warm room from freezing weather,
put it in a plastic bag and force the excess air out.  The condensation will
form on the outside of the plastic bag.  I hadn't thought about using it
with bread dough, but apparently it works.

> .  It's great, and all but one loaf
> (with about 4 slices gone!) are in freezer bags and back in the freezer.
>
> Regards,
>
> Allison

To steal from the Bard, "All's well that ends well."

Wish I could taste the product.

Bear