SC - Re: Freezing Bread Dough

Bonne oftraquair at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 11 09:01:34 PST 1998

> > I read Bear's directions to go straight from freezer to pre-heated
> > oven without letting any condensation form.
> >

> > OH boy, I thought, I've
> > blown that batch!  Fortunately, it expanded to fill its plastic bag so
> > thoroughly that there may not have been room for condensation to form.

The brand I use instructs to take it OUT of the bag and let it thaw and rise
in the pan. So, no condensation problem because it evaporatees.  Usually, I
let it thaw/rise in the fridge overnight, then bake it for breakfast.  (or
roll it out and make cinnamon rolls.)  Perhaps I'm not understanding your
whole process, but if you thaw it in the bag, don't you have to punch it down
to get it out of the bag, reshape it and let it rise again?

The frozen dinner rolls are a wonderful thing, even handier than the bread
loaves.  You thaw them (carefully, don't cook them!) in the microwave, let
them rise while the rest of dinner is underway, then bake 10 minutes.  They
are supposed to rise an hour, but a half hour or 45 min has sufficed for us
when time is tight.

Bonne