Food Waste (was Re: SC - Question on Butters)

Joyce A. Baldwin jocetta at ibm.net
Thu Nov 5 22:08:31 PST 1998

Every feast I've cooked and most of the ones I've helped with, there have
been leftovers.  Well you wouldn't want anyone to go hungry at a feast....

I have gotten into the practice of budgeting into my feasts the cost of a
humongoid package of Ziplock freezer bags from Sam's Club.   Most leftovers
will find a good home either with SCA people (I ate chicken for three days
after Acadamie two weeks ago) or the local homeless shelter, which I would
hardly call waste. The trick is most  people will need something to
transport it in as few of us have the forethought to brink our Tupperware
to the feast (silly me).  You can even transport soups and stews in
Ziplocks as long as you double bag them.  One layer of bag is a little
risky for liquids.

Jocetta

At 05:57 PM 11/5/98 EST, you wrote:
><PetersR at spiegelmcd.com> writes:
>
>>I'll agree; it seems to me, too, that each table should get two sticks
>>of butter.  All I can say is that in my most recent experience, that
>>resulted in lots of wasted butter.
>
>We used to save the butter.   Properly stored, it will keep for several
>months and can be used again.
>
>Caitlin NicFhionghuin
>House Oak & Thistle

Joyce A. Baldwin
Diva Extraordinaire

In the Society for Creative Anachronism:
Lady Jocetta Thrushleigh of Rowansgarth
Exchequer, Canton of Buckston on Eno